BRAMM (British Register of Accredited Memorial Masons) Scheme was set up in 2004 with the aim of establishing a network of nationally accredited businesses and registered fixers that will ultimately replace individual Registration Schemes.
Primary Aims of BRAMM:
- To establish a recognised uniform standard of workmanship to meet the requirements of BS 8415 in all burial grounds throughout the UK.
- To promote BRAMM Accredited Businesses and Registered Fixers.
- To ensure all Businesses, Fixers and Burial Authorities on the BRAMM Register follow the current health and safety guidelines to protect both the public and their employees.
- To ensure that BRAMM businesses give a guarantee of the stability of their memorial.
- To ensure the Scheme will be effectively policed ensuring that acceptable standards of fixing are maintained.
- To encourage on-going training and education within the memorial masonry industry.
- To promote a closer working relationship between Memorial Masons and Burial Authorities.
To find out more about BRAMM please visit the official website: www.bramm-uk.org